11 September, 2009

The Greatest Gift

"To me this old world is a wonderful place
And I'm just about the luckiest human in the whole human race
I've got no silver and I've got no gold
just a whole lot of happiness in my soul.."-from the song, Happiness, written by Bill Anderson
It's been a long way to this point.
A
LONG
LONG
LONG
WAY
And I have spent much time trying to find something or someone to make me happy. I have also invested a lot of effort into becoming the person that I thought I needed to be, in order to be happier (and more successful) but after more than a few years, I was tired, I was uncomfortable, I was unhappier and I was anything but successful. I was miserable. I didn't think I was going to make it. Nothing made sense anymore. It took a few tragedies and more than a few worlds, turned upside down, before I made the realization that I was running

FAST

but not getting

ANYWHERE

Okay, so, what does this have to do with horses anyway?

I love the Black Sterling Friesians website. Have you clicked on the link in the BREEDERS AND HORSES sidebar? You should, if you haven't already. It is one of the few websites that I visit, on a regular basis. I love the horses, I love the presentation, I love the videos. I hope that one day, I will be able to purchase a horse from Ron and Janna Goldman. When I saw Jacqueline's picture, I smiled. It is a real good, feel good, picture. There is no way that you can look at the picture and avoid feeling instantly happy. I really loved it. Joy oozes out of every pixel. There's an exuberance, as if with every step, Jacqueline sings a song of celebration for life...her life. I feel like Jacqueline. I am as happy as Jacqueline is, in her own skin. All this time running and I am back to the person I used to be. I love horses, who they are, their incredible sensitivity and their ability to well... just be happy.

DETOUR: HAPPINESS IS A STATE OF MIND YOU CHOOSE

Some of the greatest lessons I have ever learned in my life; had a horse somewhere in the middle of them,
teaching me,
helping me,
leading me to rediscover the man I have always been.

Horses are my greatest gift. The ultimate gift of happiness. It can be yours too.

Hang tough, enJoy your life and always enJoy your horses,

Ralph

No comments: