05 April, 2010

I ADORE YOU

"My eyes adored you
Though I never laid a hand on you,
My eyes adored you
Like a million miles away from me you couldn't see
How I adored you,
So close, so close and yet so far away."-
from the song, My Eyes Adored You, words and music by Bob Crewe and Kenny Nolan

At the end of 2009, I "discovered" Majiid EQ, an extremely beautiful straight Egyptian stallion leased by Vincenzo Pellegrini of Assa Egyptian Arabians in Treviso, Italy for the next three breeding seasons (2010, 2011 and 2012). Majiid EQ is sired by Shahir IASB (Salaa el Dine x Imperial Im Phayana) and out of Miss Maggie Mae, a daughter of The Minstril, out of Ruminaja Ali's dam, Bint Magidaa.
Over the weekend, I received pictures of Majiid from Vincenzo and for me, Majiid reminds me of a recurring dream I have of an elusive Arabian Horse. A horse that runs around in my mind, always too fast to be caught. I never get a really clear view of him. I know he is there and that he is an extraordinary horse but I am so busy chasing him, I never get a second to admire him. Just as I get close to him, he rears, wheels in a tight circle, and gallops away in a cloud of dust. He is like the horse who is on the tip of my tongue forever, the words I speak or write, never worthy enough to describe his extreme beauty. I am reminded of a quotation made by a popular Indian spiritual leader and mystic in the 70's and 80's, Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh who was also known by the name of Osho,
“...to help you die to the mundane and to the ordinary so that the extraordinary explodes in your life. ”
A great horse is just that, an "explosion", the beauty of the horse so overwhelming for the human senses, that it is not possible to continue thinking and existing in the same manner as before. Life has pushed past the ordinary, beyond what is usual and expected, to somewhere far, far away, where only things can be exceptional or unusual. It's like living without expectations, always waiting for the next surprise. So, when you learn about a horse like Majiid, something has to change, something has to improve, something has to quickly step up to the level of extraordinary. When my life has become truly magical, it is because of an extreme horse which has suddenly appeared to inspire and encourage me, horses like Ansata Halim Shah, Serenity Sonbolah, Prince Fa Moniet, Al Adeed Al Shaqab, El Thay Mameluk, Gelgelah Albadeia, Ansata AlMurtajiz, Al Lahab, Imperial Baarez, Ansata Nile Echo. I hope that when you see Majiid's picture, you also will be awed, and experience all the wonder, as I did, when I saw Majiid. Hopefully, your eyes will adore him too.

Congratulations Vincenzo...I wish I were you.

EnJoy your horses,
Ralph

No comments: