
I couldn't stop thinking about how these words can also apply to all things Carl Raswan and the criticism he endured, concerning the sharp contrast in his perspective, especially between his older, published work and his newer writings.
The following example (taken from Mary Jane Parkinson's Kellogg book) of early Raswan and how little he understood, at the time (1920's) about bloodlines and their applied use within the Crabbet program and from there, to the rest of the world.
Hmmmm...purest Arab blood and Skowronek's priceless blood? A far cry from the man who published The Arab and His Horse thirty years later!
Despite what I have shared, I hope we don't succumb to thinking that Raswan was wrong in all his philosophy because he later changed his mind! He remains a major voice in our world, as was his call to preserve and protect the Arabian horse!




No comments:
Post a Comment